As a way of minimizing risk that customer deposits are exposed to when financial institutions collapse, the Kenya deposit insurance corporation (KDIC) offers a deposit insurance plan for banks and other deposit-taking institutions.
This Kenya deposit insurance corporation ’s also covers mortgage finance institutions in Kenya such as housing finance (HFCK) as well as Micro finance banks.
Subsequently, you’ll recover at least some of your money in the event that your bank/SACCO shuts operations for whatever reason.
Banking with Kenya deposit insurance corporation registered institutions is thus a wise step because of this extra security.
So, is your institution covered?
Well, here are the banks and mortgaging institutions covered by the Kenya deposit insurance corporation as of today..
Institutions covered by the Kenya deposit insurance corporation
- African banking corporation (ABC bank) limited
- BOA Bank (Bank of Africa)
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Barclays bank Kenya
- Charter House Bank (Under receivership)
- Citibank NA Kenya
- CBA Bank (Commercial bank of Africa)
- Consolidated bank of Kenya
- Cooperative bank of Kenya
- Credit bank Ltd.
- Development bank of Kenya Ltd.
- Diamond trust Bank – Kenya Ltd.
- DIB bank Kenya
- Ecobank Bank Kenya Ltd.
- Equity Bank Kenya ltd.
- Family Bank Ltd.
- First community bank Ltd.
- Guaranty Trust Bank Kenya Ltd.
- Guardian bank Ltd.
- Gulf African bank Ltd.
- Habib Bank AG Zurich
- I & M Bank Ltd.
- Imperial bank (Under receivership)
- Jamii Bora Bank Ltd.
- KCB Bank Kenya Ltd.
- Mayfair bank Ltd.
- Middle East Bank Kenya Ltd.
- M-orientantal bank Ltd.
- National bank of Kenya Ltd.
- NIC bank Kenya Plc
- Paramount Bank Ltd.
- Prime Bank Ltd.
- SMB Bank Kenya Ltd.
- Sidian Bank Ltd.
- Spire Bank Ltd.
- Stanbic Bank Kenya Ltd.
- Standard Chartered Bank Ltd. Kenya
- Trans-National Bank Ltd.
- UBA Kenya bank Ltd.
- Victoria Commercial bank Ltd.
Micro Finance banks
- Caritas Micro Finance bank.
- Century Micro Finance bank.
- Choice Micro Finance bank.
- Daraja Micro Finance bank.
- Faulu Micro Finance bank.
- Kenya Women Finance Trust (KWFT)
- Maisha Micro Finance bank.
- Rafiki Micro Finance bank.
- KEY Micro Finance bank.
- SMEP Micro Finance bank.
- Sumac Micro Finance bank.
- U & I Micro Finance bank.
- Uwezo Micro Finance bank.
Mortgage Finance Institutions
- HFC Limited.
Role of Kenya deposit insurance corporation
KDIC offer a handy safety net for Kenyans who trust banks and other financial institutions with their savings.
This promotes stability across Kenya’s financial sector in addition to helping encourage the saving culture among Kenyans.
How to request for reimbursement
To request for reimbursement of your cash – if your bank has collapsed-, get in touch with KDIC using the following contacts:
Head offices: UAP Old Mutual Towers-17th Floor, Upper hill Road, Nairobi
Telephone: 0709 043 000 or 020-6677000
Postal address: P.o. Box 45983- 00100 GPO Nairobi
Email: [email protected]