The first phase of the KUCCPS 2019 application/intake is ongoing and 2018 (and older) KCSE candidates can now apply to their college/university of choice (or revise their previous KUCCPS programmes nominations).
This follows Education cabinet secretary Amina Mohammed directive that the portal be opened for the KUCCPS 2019 application during the KUCCPS news briefing.
These good news means that student can now head over to the KUCCPS 2019 students portal and book their places before the KUCCPS placement initial bookings close.
KUCCPS 2019 application deadline
So what is the KUCCPS 2019 application deadline?
Well, though the website will open for subsequent KUCCPS college/university applications, the KUCCPS 2019 application deadline is 22nd February 2019- for this first batch.
This means that the KUCCPS 2019/2020 student applications portal will officially be shut down at 11.59PM on 22/2/2019 after which you have to wait for the later KUCCPS courses applications/revisions.
The KUCCPS deadline for 2019/2020 courses application has been extended to March 4, 2019..
This will allow students ample time to reconsider their courses selection and make the right decision.
KUCCPS is, therefore, pleading with students who wish to apply/revise their career choices to further modify their application considering that new programmes have recently been approved and uploaded into the portal giving learners fresh opportunity to change courses.
Remember that altering your previous choices will not cost a dime.
You can also meet KUCCPS officials at any of the following Huduma Centres during this application/revision period:
- Nairobi (Makadara)
The first KUCCPS courses revision for the 2019/2020 program placement ended on 4th March 2019. KUCCPS has advised successful applicants to keep an eye on social media, the official website, and blogs for updates on the next revision and the final report on the college that one is placed.
Those who missed the revisions for one reason or the other should prepare for the second phase of the 2019/2020 revision which is coming soon.
We will post any new updates as soon as we receive them.
KUCCPS Second And Final 2019/2020 Revision Of Programme Choices
UPDATE 3: March 15, 2019
Second Revision 2019/2020 Placement of Choices for Universities and Colleges
Following the closure of the School Applications and the First courses Revision for Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates, and Artisan programmes choices for KUCCPS 2019/2020 placement, KUCCPS has completed the first initial processing of the first round applications with mixed results.
Here is the sad news:
Out of the total 90,744 KCSE candidates (2018) who are eligible to be placed in Degree courses of their choice, 22,957 did not succeed and were not allocated to any of their preferred choices due to the competitive nature of the process.
You can check if your index number is in this unlucky list here.
KUCCPS has subsequently reopened the students portal to enable the unsuccessful candidates to re-revise their program choices afresh.
kuccps second revision 20192020 is taking place from March 15th, 2019 and will close on March 22nd, 2019.
The candidates are supposed to pick new courses from the programmes that were not filled to their capacities during the First Revision.
The programmes are listed here.
However, if your index numbers don’t appear on the unplaced students’ list, it means that you have provisionally secured at least one of your choices though you have to wait until the final revision ends to get a confirmation.
Kuccps second revision 2019 deadline
The second revision will close on the midnight of March 22nd, 2019.
Who is eligible for kuccps second revision 2019?
The following students can apply:
Those in the above list who failed to secure any placement from their previous selection.
Candidates from previous years’ (2017 going down) who are yet to attend a course and desire to pursue a relevant Diploma, Certificate, or Artisan Courses at any of the accredited colleges in Kenya.
KUCCPS Revision fees:
Candidates who had previously paid their revision fees either during the original school applications and the first revision are NOT required to pay any monies for the second and final revision.
New applicants must, however, pay the usual charges shs.1500.
Update 4: KUCCPS Portal now closed
The portal closed at midnight on March 22nd as earlier announced. We will again update this page as soon as it reopens.
Update 5: July 18th 2019
KUCCPS Application for Diploma & Certificate Courses Reopened
Having realized that a good number of KCSE Candidates from 2018 going backwards missed all the deadlines, KUCCPS has today re-opened the KUCCPS student portal for fresh applications.
You are supposed to utilize this window of opportunity to apply for your preferred course at your favored college to be able to join college coming September 2019.
KUCCPS New applications Deadline
Now, for this new application, the deadline is August 7, 2019 (4.00pm).
That means that the online KUCCPS application system will officially be open from today, July 18, 2019 up to the aforementioned August 7, 2019 deadline.
It,s your chance to grab the course you have always dreamed off…
We will be updating the page as soon as new KUCCPS news emerges.
Support from Huduma Centres
Candidates who run into difficulties can visit their nearest Huduma center (KUCCPS desk) for assistance.
The participating Huduma centers are Makadara and GPO(Nairobi), Meru, Nyeri, Kisumu, Eldoret, Kakamega, Garissa Nakuru, Kitui, and Mombasa.
What happens in case you are not selected even after the second revision?
Any candidate who fails to get picked for any of their preferences but meets the minimum cut off points as per the courses cluster may be admitted to a RANDOM course so long as it has an unfilled capacity.
Announcement of placement results
Final placement results for all applicants will be released sometimes in April 2019 so keep an eye on our website for that announcement.
For more information, get in touch with the Placement Service using the following contacts:
Email: [email protected]
Customer care lines: 0734879662, 0723954927, and 0205137400.
KUCCPS 2019 intake: How to Apply
Follow the following steps to commence your registration for the kuccps 2019 intake…
- Go to the KUCCPS Students Portal (just click).
- Log in using your assigned KCSE Index Number plus your KCSE Year. For the password, type your Birth Certificate Number or KCPE Index Number.
- Click Login. The system opens within moments.
- Now locate the COURSES/PROGRAMMES tab on the screen.
- Click the group that your course of choice falls in. For example, if you want to apply for a business course, click on business & related.
- Now click on the specific programme/course. For instance, if you want to enroll for a BCOM go ahead and click on it. Do this for every other programme. Move to the next pages to access more course.
- The above two steps help you inspect the various KUCCPS courses to see if you have met the KUCCPS cluster points for the programmes you have in mind.
- Once you have decided on your favorite courses, note their programme codes somewhere. You may go adding each course you select to the basket by clicking the add to the basket button. This will help you easily sort the courses.
- From there, click on the application/revision tab to proceed to apply. Then click apply now
- Type the correct Programme Codes for the programmes you wish to get admission into as you had noted them down starting with your most preferred to the least liked.
- Click submit.
- You will now be asked to make payment and a screen requesting your MPESA code pops up. The code you enter here is the MPESA transaction code you receive after paying. Here is how to pay and get the code
KUCCPS 2019 intake: How to Pay
- On your phone, open MPESA.
- Go to Lipa na M-PESA,
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter KUCCPS Business Number :820201
- Now enter Account Number (in the next space). This should be your KCSE Year followed by your allocated KCSE Index Number (there should be no space between the two). Eg 201804637561822 (Meaning 2018 is the KCSE year and that your index number was 04637561822)
- Enter the amount as shown in the screen.
- Now type your M-PESA PIN.
- Press Send.
- Wait for the MPESA message so that you can go back and fill in the previous step 12. That’s all.
KUCCPS application fees
KUCCPS charges application processing fees as follows:
- First time applications: Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their previous choices: Ksh1,000
NB: You should note down your transaction code somewhere and save it safely as you may need it during revisions or when making changes to your first application.
KUCCPS 2019 intake: Points to Note
All programmes have set minimum subject requirements and clusters. You can only thus apply for a programme whose minimum requirements you’ve met. That being said, the final selection is determined by the available capacity in the accredited colleges and overall performance in KCSE.
KUCCPS 2019 Application: How To Check kuccps cluster points 2019
You can access all available programmes plus their specific requirements by clicking on the programmes tab while still logged in the portal.
To see the college offering your programme, go to the Institutions tab and search for the available courses in various institutions.
KUCCPS Contacts (In case you need support)
KUCCPS officials are ready to help in case you get stuck. Here are the official KUCCPS contacts:
Email: [email protected]
Customer care telephone number: 0723 954 927 or 0734 879 662.
KUCCPS 2019 Application: Conclusion
Students should make all effort to apply now as no new applications are accepted by the KUCCPS Application Portal once it’s closed.
Visit KUCCPS official portal here (click on the link) for more guidance.
- KUCCPS Certificate Courses (KUCCPS 2019 Intake)
- Kuccps Courses Codes: kuccps diploma courses 2019
- KUCCPS Contacts: How To Contact KUCCPS
- Best Courses For Grade D, D, & E
- Most Marketable Diploma Courses In Kenya
- Mathenge Technical Institute: All The Courses And How To Apply