The first phase of the KUCCPS 2019 application/intake is ongoing and 2018 (and older) KCSE candidates can now apply to their college/university of choice (or revise their previous KUCCPS programmes nominations).
This follows Education cabinet secretary Amina Mohammed directive that the portal be opened for the KUCCPS 2019 application during the KUCCPS news briefing.
These good news means that student can now head over to the KUCCPS 2019 students portal and book their places before the KUCCPS placement initial bookings close.
KUCCPS 2019 application deadline
So what is the KUCCPS 2019 application deadline?
Well, though the website will open for subsequent KUCCPS college/university applications, the KUCCPS 2019 application deadline is 22nd February 2019- for this first batch.
This means that the KUCCPS 2019/2020 student applications portal will officially be shut down at 11.59PM on 22/2/2019 after which you have to wait for the later KUCCPS courses applications/revisions.
KUCCPS 2019 intake: How to Apply
Follow the following steps to commence your registration for the kuccps 2019 intake…
- Go to the KUCCPS Students Portal (just click).
- Log in using your assigned KCSE Index Number plus your KCSE Year. For the password, type your Birth Certificate Number or KCPE Index Number.
- Click Login. The system opens within moments.
- Now locate the COURSES/PROGRAMMES tab on the screen.
- Click the group that your course of choice falls in. For example, if you want to apply for a business course, click on business & related.
- Now click on the specific programme/course. For instance, if you want to enroll for a BCOM go ahead and click on it. Do this for every other programme. Move to the next pages to access more course.
- The above two steps help you inspect the various KUCCPS courses to see if you have met the KUCCPS cluster points for the programmes you have in mind.
- Once you have decided on your favorite courses, note their programme codes somewhere. You may go adding each course you select to the basket by clicking the add to the basket button. This will help you easily sort the courses.
- From there, click on the application/revision tab to proceed to apply. Then click apply now
- Type the correct Programme Codes for the programmes you wish to get admission into as you had noted them down starting with your most preferred to the least liked.
- Click submit.
- You will now be asked to make payment and a screen requesting your MPESA code pops up. The code you enter here is the MPESA transaction code you receive after paying. Here is how to pay and get the code
KUCCPS 2019 intake: How to Pay
- On your phone, open MPESA.
- Go to Lipa na M-PESA,
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter KUCCPS Business Number :820201
- Now enter Account Number (in the next space). This should be your KCSE Year followed by your allocated KCSE Index Number (there should be no space between the two). Eg 201804637561822 (Meaning 2018 is the KCSE year and that your index number was 04637561822)
- Enter the amount as shown in the screen.
- Now type your M-PESA PIN.
- Press Send.
- Wait for the MPESA message so that you can go back and fill in the previous step 12. That’s all.
KUCCPS application fees
KUCCPS charges application processing fees as follows:
- First time applications: Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their previous choices: Ksh1,000
NB: You should note down your transaction code somewhere and save it safely as you may need it during revisions or when making changes to your first application.
KUCCPS 2019 intake: Points to Note
All programmes have set minimum subject requirements and clusters. You can only thus apply for a programme whose minimum requirements you’ve met. That being said, the final selection is determined by the available capacity in the accredited colleges and overall performance in KCSE.
KUCCPS 2019 Application: How To Check kuccps cluster points 2019
You can access all available programmes plus their specific requirements by clicking on the programmes tab while still logged in the portal.
To see the college offering your programme, go to the Institutions tab and search for the available courses by institution.
KUCCPS officials are ready to help in case you get stuck. Here are the official KUCCPS contacts:
Customer care telephone number: 0723 954 927 or 0734 879 662.
KUCCPS 2019 Application: Conclusion
Students should make all effort to apply now as no new applications are accepted by the KUCCPS Application Portal once it’s closed.
Visit KUCCPS official portal here (click on the link) for more guidance.