As you might be aware, Safaricom introduced new mpesa rates effective last year. Here is a summary of the official mpesa withdrawal charges as of today.
MPESA withdrawal charges : Withdrawals made from a registered M-PESA Agent
|Min(Shs.)||M-PESA withdraw Charge|
|1 – 49||N/A|
|50 – 100||10|
|101 – 500||27|
|501 – 1000||28|
|1,001 – 1500||28|
|1,501 – 2500||28|
|2,501 – 3500||50|
|3,501 – 5000||67|
|10,001 – 15000||162|
|20,001 – 35000||191|
|35,001 – 50000||270|
MPESA withdrawal charges: Withdrawals made from an ATM
You can as well withdraw your MPESA cash from an ATM if convenient for you.
Note that MPESA- ATM withdrawal services are currently available at PesaPoint ATMs countrywide, Equity Bank, KCB bank, Family Bank, Diamond Trust Bank, and NIC Bank.
Here are the charges…
|Min(Shs.)||M-PESA withdrawal Charge|
|200 – 2500||34|
Mpesa Withdrawal charges: Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to withdraw sh.5000 from mpesa?
It will cost you shs.67 to withdraw shs.5000 flat from mpesa both at an agent or from an ATM.
How much does it cost to withdraw 200 from mpesa?
It will cost you shs.27 to withdraw shs.5000 flat from mpesa if you use an agent and shs.34 if you withdraw from an ATM.
How do I withdraw money from mpesa ATM?
Follow the following instructions:
- On your phone, open your MPESA menu
- Tap on Withdraw Cash
- Click From ATM
- Enter the ATM-MPESA Agent Number 555555 if you’re transacting from any of these ATMs: Pesapoint, KCB, Diamond Trust Bank, NIC Bank, and Family Bank. For Equity Bank, type Agent Number 286286.
- Now type your M-PESA PIN
You will shortly receive a notification SMS from M-PESA containing a 6-digit ATM authorization code. Note that this code typically expires within 10 minutes.
You then turn to the ATM to complete the remaining steps…
Here they are:
- Tap on the MPESA button on the Equity Bank, PesaPoint, Diamond Trust Bank, NIC Bank ATM,
KCB, and Family Bank.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Now type the previously-received 6-digit Authorization Code (on your ATM’s keyboard).
- Type your Safaricom mobile telephone number.
- Next, type the amount (shs.) you want to withdraw.
- Press CONTINUE to move on with the transaction.
The ATM should instantly dispense your cash. You will also receive a receipt from the ATM in addition to an SMS confirmation from M-PESA.
MPESA withdrawal charges: Additional Notes
- You cannot withdraw any amount below SHs.50.00 from an M-PESA agent.
- Your Safaricom line as well as your M-PESA account have to be active for the withdrawal to go through.
- You are required to present your original national ID Card or Kenyan Passport when withdrawing cash from an M-PESA agency.