Here is how to check NHIF arrears.
How to check NHIF arrears: Individual contributors
To confirm your NHIF arrears and other details such as your last contribution payment, compose an SMS/ text message in your phone’s SMS app.
The message should follow the following format:
ID SPACE your ID number (note that the space is between the letters ID and your full ID number).
For example, I shall type ID 3256783 assuming that my Identity card number is 3256783
You will then send this SMS to 21101 (NHIF messaging platform number).
The reply SMS will show you everything including your latest NHIF contribution.
Note that this service is charged Kshs 10 so ensure that you have at least shs.10 airtime on your phone before writing the message.
Also the method works for Individual NHIF Members only.
How to check NHIF arrears online
This method works for both individuals and employers
- Visit the NHIF official website www.nhif.or.ke and look for the self-service portal. You can also click here to access the portal.
- If you’re a first-time visitor, you will need to register (create an account) to enjoy the various services.
- Click on create account and choose individual/corporate.
- You will then be asked to enter various details including your NHIF card number, working email address, mobile number etc.
- You will also create a PIN / password that you’ll be using to log onto the self-service portal. Craft a strong but easy to remember password.
- When you’re done, click register.
- From there you can login using the password you set above (click login) and view your statements or mini-statements.
You will find various including your current balance, defaulted arrears etc.
Remember to log out of the portal once through for security reasons.
If in doubt of your arrears as shown by the above methods, contact NHIF using the following channels for clarification.
P.O. BOX 30443, 00100-Nairobi, Kenya
Write to [email protected]
NHIF telephone numbers:
(020) 2731249, (020) 2731250, (020) 2731252, (020) 2731253, (020) 2731254, (020) 2731255, (020) 2731256, (020) 2712733, (020) 2714793, (020) 2714795, (020) 2723297, (020) 2714820, (020) 2710335, or (020) 2723246
NHIF mobile hotline:
0726 268933 (Safaricom)
NHIF toll free number:
Dial 0800 720 601
Other NHIF Contacts
For complaints: email [email protected]
Main website: http://www.nhif.or.ke/
NHIF Twitter: https://twitter.com/nhifkenya
NHIF Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/nhifkenya