A Finance Assistant opening has arisen at The BIEA (British Institute in Eastern Africa). The position is part time -you’ll be working 2 days per week for a fixed 1-year term.
Here is the full Ad …
The British Institute in Eastern Africa is seeking to appoint a finance assistant to work with our finance manager for 2 days per week, assisting with bookkeeping, petty cash, and other finance-related duties.
Line manager: Finance manager
Requirements of the role:
Work closely with the finance manager to:
- Ensure all key month end postings are carried out accurately.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reports and annual accounts.
- Scrutinize supporting documents for completeness, accuracy, and validity of requests in line with the British institute in Eastern Africa applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Update the debtors template once per week.
- Upload bank statements monthly
- Assist in audit preparation
Essential skills and qualifications
- Relevant experience in accountancy: The successful candidate will have gained at least a CPA Part 2 certification and have some bookkeeping experience.
- A high level of integrity and commitment.
- An adaptable and flexible personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and manage workload independently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
How to apply
To apply for the post, send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you want the position and what you will bring to BIEA to:
You should quote two references in your CV.
The last to receive the applications will be October 28th, 2019
The interviews for the position will be held on 4th November 2019 and Shortlisted candidates will be informed accordingly.
The recruited candidate will start working on, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Kshs.30,000.00 plus pro rata benefits.
British Institute in Eastern Africa contacts
Telephone: 020 8155186